Thu 2nd Nov 2006
The SVG Green Party fully supports the SVGTU Action to withdrawn teachers service from dilapidated school in Kingstown.
1. The SVG green party fully support the SVG teachers union justifiable and sensible action to the withdraw teachers severe from the dilapidated school in Kingstown and calls on the ULP wicked and Hypocritical regime to stop fooling around with our children's right to a precious education.
2. The SVG Green would like to know is the Honourable Prime Minister Ralph E. Gonsalves very high frequency air travel affording him no time to see the worsening conditions in many of our schools.
3. It is mind boggling to understand the ULP regime thinking of building a four star prison on prime agricultural land as a priority, while leaving school buildings to dilapidate, or it is a positive correction between crowing illiteracy in SVG and the four star prison complex . This is Background Thinking.
4. We all have an age of information technology with email and fax. The SVG economy is sinking with the massive public debt of over One Billion Dollars ($1,000,000,000.00). It appears there is no money in the treasury for school buildings maintenance and payment of millions of dollars for electricity bills. Yet ULP ministers continue with frequency of Travel as if SVG is a rich country. Is this Responsible Governance?
5. The introduction of Universal secondary education without compulsory primary school education to help children of the poor particularly male access education can create social unrest in the long term, when children of the poor have been left behind in this unfair education system. Time is running out for the ULP regime to introduce compulsory education in primary schools in SVG to stem growing rate of illiteracy of our male population
Ivan O'Neal BSc (Hons) MSc, MBA leader and Co-founder of SVG Green Party
cc: His Excellency the Governor General, St. Vincent & the Grenadines Hon. Dr. Ralph E. Gonsalves, Prime Minister, St. Vincent & the Grenadines
Hon. Minister of Education, St. Vincent & the Grenadines Hon. Arnhim Eustace, Leader of the Opposition, St. Vincent & the Grenadines
The European Union Ambassador Barbados The USA Ambassador Barbados The United Kingdom Ambassador, Barbados Secretary General CARICOM Secretary General OAS