Fri 17th Aug 2018
15th August 2018
Open Letter to Dr. Didacus Jules
The Director General of the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States
P.O. Box 179, Morne Fortune, Castries, Saint Lucia
Dear Dr. Didacus Jules,
Subject: One of the main Tenets of the Basseterre Accord of the OECS is
good governance by member States.
I, Ivan Bertie O’Neal BSc (hons), MSc, MBA, a Vincentian by birth and a Retired Engineering Warrant Officer from the British Royal Air Force and Leader of SVG Green Party, very strongly contend that in St Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG) the Indigenous population are under extremely Poor Governance that perpetuates of high unemployment, Poverty, Hunger ,Squalor and Gun Crime in SVG.
(1) In 2007, the ULP Regime overshot the 2007 Budget by EC$63 million dollars without the Prior approval of SVG Parliament (Source Audit report).
(2) In 2008, the ULP killed the National Commercial Bank with an Bank Overdraft of EC$185 million dollars. (Source Audit Report). this shows the ULP Regime is not competent to manage the financial affairs of SVG.
(3) The ULP Regime failed the Audit of the Director of Audit for 2008, 2009 and 2010 which shows the ULP Regime is not competent to govern the financial Affairs of SVG.
(4) The SVG Public Accounts are in very bad shape. the ULP Regime was forced to beg for Public Debt Relief in 2002 and in 2017 .
(5) From 2001 to 2018, the highly incompetent ULP Regime created very high Fiscal Deficits on all SVG Budget Estimates.(Source Budget Estimates 2001 to 2018) .
(6) the ULP Regime and the Opposition NDP in the SVG House OF Assembly have both been flouting Section 76 of the St Vincent and the Grenadines 1979 Constitution by blatantly and knowingly not providing Public Accounts Committee Reports for the period between 2001 and 2018. Neither the ULP Regime nor the NDP Opposition have any members of Parliament that are university graduates in Accounting and Finance and Economics and are competent enough to write a professional Public Accounts Committee Report.
The Public Accounts Committee is required to consider the Public Accounts in conjunction with the report of the SVG 1979 Constitutionally appointed Director of Audit reports under Section 75 of St Vincent and the Grenadines 1979 Constitution, in particular, report to the SVG House of Assembly with respect to:
(a) In the case of any excess or unauthorised expenditure of public funds, the reason for such expenditure and measures it considers necessary in order to ensure that public funds are properly spent.
(b) And such other duties relating to the public accounts as the House of Assembly may from time to time direct.
(7) In St Vincent and the Grenadines, Tax Avoidance of billions of dollars by Taiwan is sucking the Economic blood of St Vincent and the Grenadines. The SVG Green Party is calling for an Envoy Extraordinaire to impose a Wind Fall Fish Tax of EC$53 billion dollars on Taiwan.
(8) St Vincent and the Grenadines has been invaded by a group of Superrich White Migrants in Mustique, who are illegally occupying Mustique under the highly immoral and corrupt Mustique ACT NO 48 OF 2002.
(9) The increase in the price of water in SVG in 2012 was illegal, in that, the Financial Statement used was in breach of Statutory Duty. We are asking for a public enquiry to address this very serious matter and the price of water put back to what it was in 2012 before the illegal increase.
(10) In 2008, the accuracy of the assessment of revenue at the Inland Revenue Department could not be verified due to non access to the record by the 1979 Constitutionally Appointed Director of Audit. (Source Audit Report 2008).
We look forward to the Director General of the OECS sending an envoy extraordinaire to urgently appoint someone competent enough to overcome these governance and constitutional problems.
Warrant Officer Ivan O’Neal BSc (hons), MSc, MBA
Leader of SVG Green Party.
His Excellency, Governor General of St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
Chief Justice of OECS.
OECS prime ministers