Sat 10th Jan 2015
The St. Vincent & the Grenadines (SVG) Green Party was formerly launched on 10th January 2005. The launch was held at the residence of Ivan O'Neal BSc(Hons), MSc, MBA.
Ivan O'Neal is the Leader of SVG Green Party and one of the co-founders. The launch was of significant interest to all the media in St. Vincent and in attendance were the national TV station, newspapers and radio stations. Green Party's policies are based on the need for long-term food, economic and social security in our country and environmental sustainability.
SVG Green Party fielded candidates in the 2005 and 2010 general elections. The party has grown increasingly popular in the past few years.
SVG Green Party has written weekly articles in the national newspapers since January 2007 and has had many adverts on national television.
An SVG Green Party government pledges to:
• Build our own SVG university
• Build a strong Green economy
• Cut water and electricity bills by 50% and bring in renewable energy
• Build 5 new factories
• Boost agriculture with exports and by going organic
• Abort the Argyle airport as it is killing the SVG economy
• Abolish VAT
• Abolish apartheid and tax the super-rich of Mustique and Canouan
• Free wireless internet throughout the country
• Free, high-quality education from pre-school to university
Our education system is broken and too many of our children are going to jail.
The Ministry of Education reduced the pass mark to 33.3% in the 2013 Common Entrance Examination, yet still 52.89% of males failed. The ULP education revolution is a shambles.
Too many of our people are suffering in poverty and squalor and too many businesses are closing down.
Something has to change for SVG to move forward!
We look forward to the next 10 years of SVG Green Party’s progress.
Ivan O'Neal BSc(Hons), MSc, MBA.